The mission of the General Properties department is to provide timely and cost effective maintenance on the buildings and properties which are owned and operated by Franklin County. We take pride in our facilities, placing emphasis on public and employee safety. Our goal is to work as closely as possible with other county departments in matters involving improvements and maintenance to ultimately benefit the taxpayers of Franklin County.
Customer Service Mission Statement
Working with a customer first attitude, our employees will strive to be recognized as the best providers of facilities services by providing efficient and timely responses to maintenance issues affecting internal and external customers.
- Determining when potential costs may be prohibitive and when recommendations for replacement should be made.
- Engineering support and managing new construction of building projects; building maintenance and improvements/remodeling.
- Assisting employees/department heads in the needs for each department on a daily basis
- Removing discarded equipment or having equipment repaired.
- Mowing or snow removal according to season of various county owned/operated buildings.
- Co-ordinate routine inspections of elevators, fire extinguishers/systems, alarm systems, MSDS manuals etc. Perform periodic maintenance on equipment, fixtures, and grounds. Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Ensuring that vehicles and equipment with the County’s fleet are always operational and well-maintained by providing an efficient, thorough, and effective maintenance and repair program; managing all county owned vehicle acquisitions and disposition thereof.
- Changing door locks or having locks re-keyed as needed/requested.
- Moving of furniture as requested.
- Heating and air conditioning repairs and/or replacement.
- Ensure lighting is replaced as needed/required.
- Plumbing repairs of various county owned buildings.
- Daily custodial services for various county owned buildings.