You are more than just a volunteer in 4-H; you are instrumental in inspiring the next generation. 4-H programs look to volunteers to help our young people learn the skills they need to prepare for careers in the 21st century, while also having fun!
In 4-H, youth learn through opportunities in which they:
- Master life challenges
- Cultivate independence with guidance from caring adults
- Gain a sense of belonging within a positive group
- Share a spirit of generosity with others
As a 4-H Volunteer, you can:
- Lead youth within school-based, afterschool and camp settings and in community clubs
- Serve as a:
- Board member
- Camp counselor
- Develop and support community service opportunities for youth to make a difference in their communities
- Teach youth using research-based university curricula
- Work with other adults to create fun, new programs for youth
If you are interested in becoming a 4-H volunteer, contact Amber Wilson, 4-H Agent, by phone at 540-483-5161 or by Email Amber.