Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
About the Authority
The Franklin County Broadband Authority was created on November 21, 2017. See the following related documents.
- The West Piedmont Planning District Commission has released a Combined Notice of Finding of no Significant Impact and Intent to Request Release of Funds related to a regional broadband project providing for the installation of fiber-optic broadband utilities in portions of Franklin, Henry, and Patrick counties, VA. Read the entire notice regarding the regional broadband project.
- Shentel PPEA contract (PDF)
- Approved PPEA (PDF) contract with Blue Ridge Towers and Briscnet
- View media reports about Broadband Advancing in Franklin County
• Channel 10 (NBC) - Faster more reliable internet coming to Franklin County
• Channel 7 (CBS) - Broadband project advances in Franklin County
• Channel 27 (FOX) - Franklin County to approve Broadband Project
• Channel 27 (FOX) - Construction can begin
• Channel 13 (ABC) - Internet service to provide for 20,000 new people
• Roanoke Times - Franklin County Ok's plans to expand Broadband
• Smith Mountain Lake Eagle - Broadband development continues to move forward
- Legal Notice (PDF) to receive public comment on PPEA conceptual proposals and proposed comprehensive agreements for a system to provide fixed wireless broadband services and fiber extensions
- COVID-19 Broadband Resources (PDF)
- Internet Providers Announce Policies for Coronavirus (PDF)
- Shentel is offering new programs and incentives during the Coronavirus pandemic to help people access the internet. Shentel is working hard to be flexible and help people stay connected. Please access thislinkfor more information.
- Approved VATI application (PDF) - For more information, DHCD website
- Potential Coverage Area Maps (PDF) for proposed Franklin County fixed wireless system - Phase 1. Please contact Briscnet to inquire about this fixed wireless service for your home or business. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- PRESS RELEASE Revised- Broadband 4.1.20
- Broadband Assessment and Plan - August 2019 (PDF)
- Center for Innovative Technology Presentation - July 2017 (PPT)
- Guidelines and Policies of the Franklin County Broadband Authority (PDF)
- Public-Private Education Facilities and Infrastructure Act Guidelines for Broadband Authority (PDF)
- Resolution Adopting the Franklin County Broadband Authority (PDF)