The Franklin County Board of Supervisors has voted to approve the amendments to the Franklin County Comprehensive Plan and the Franklin County Zoning Ordinance to include Solar Facilities. The changes became effective immediately following the Board of Supervisors meetings which took place on July 19, 2022 and February 21, 2023.
If you have any questions concerning the Comprehensive Plan amendment or the Zoning Ordinance amendment please email Lisa Cooper, Planning Director at email@example.com or call at 540-483-6642.
Adopted Solar Documents
Job Training & Educational Opportunities
- Americrew is an organization dedicated to training veterans to move into careers supporting our county's infrastructure. If you or a vet you know is interested in fiber optics, 5G and wireless, or clean energy check out their webpage.
- New River Community College in Dublin, VA offers an Alternative Energy Career Studies Certificate Program to help you launch your solar career.
- Contractors should review the licensing requirements for solar installers in Virginia.
- The Solar Foundation's Solar Training Network offers career connections, education & workforce partnerships
Useful Solar Information
- Check out the Solar Survey performed by the University of Virginia and The Virginia Department of Energy.
- Learn more about solar from the Maryland-DC-Delaware-Virginia Solar Energy Industries Association (MDV-SEIA).
- Find a solar professional from MDV-SEIA's directory.